This resource is based on Canada’s HIV test counselling guidelines and provides comprehensive information on:
- What HIV is and how it is transmitted
- Ways to prevent HIV
- The benefits of getting tested for HIV
- Things to consider when deciding if and when to get tested
- The kinds of tests available in Canada, including self-testing
- What happens if a person tests positive or negative
This resource can be given to people in a waiting room when getting tested to supplement the discussion they will have with the person doing the tests. It can also be given to anyone who is considering getting tested for HIV (either at a clinic or by doing a self-test) and would like to know more.